The Search Forms page includes a full-text search box, filters for narrowing the search, and a search results section with expandable rows that display form details.
- Full-text search is a Google-like natural language search that, by default, searches all fields (Form Name, Form Description, and OMB Control Number). The drop-down menu in the All Fields box also allows users to narrow the search to a single field. Click Full Text Search for more information.
- The total number of records resulting from the search is displayed at the top and bottom of the table.
- The search results page displays 10 records as the default. Users can click the Display Records drop-down menu to change the number of records to display.
- Page numbers appear at the top and bottom of the search results page. Users can click on a page number to link to that page.
- Form Name
- The value is a hyperlink, linked to the Form Details page.
- Form Family
- Identifies the form family to which the form belongs. [NOTE: Only Grants.gov-supported forms belong to a family]
- OMB Control Number
- Lists the control number assigned by OMB when the form is approved.
- OMB Expiration Date
- The Information Collection Request (ICR) expiration date issued by OMB.
- The name of the federal agency that owns or controls the form.
- Grant Common Form
- Common forms refers to grants-related forms which can be used by two or more agencies, or government-wide, for the same purpose (Yes/No). This flag corresponds to the ICR status on Reginfo.gov.
- Additional Information
- Each record in the table can be expanded by clicking the "+" symbol to the left of "Form Description," a short explanation of the form's purpose or content. Reference is the ICR abstract from Reginfo.gov.
Filters allow users to narrow form searches. Filters include:
- Form Name - Multiple option filter
- Agency - Multiple option filter
- Form Family - Multiple option filter
- Expiration Date Range - This single-option filter allows users to choose OMB expiration dates, which are categorized as Already Expired, Expires in 180 days.
- Grant Common Forms - This field identifies common forms, with a checked box to indicate Yes, and an unchecked box to indicate No.
The results can be sorted by Form Name, OMB Control Number, and OMB Expiration Date in ascending or descending order.
The Forms Download feature allows users to create download files in three available formats, as with data element downloads.
- The CSV download file includes all forms in the search results, as well as the search parameters that generated the results. In addition, useful information, such as Date of Download, Sort Order, and Number of the Forms returned in the search is also provided in the CSV download file. The following columns in the CSV file can be sorted:
- Form Family, Form Name, OMB Control Number, OMB Expiration Date, Agency, Grant Common Form
- The PDF download mirrors the CSV download, but results are provided in a formatted PDF file.
- The XML download provides the search results in Extensible Markup Language (XML) format.